This site employs cookies, for both technical and profiling reasons.

If you continue browsing, it means you accept their use. Show detailed info

I accept

fbtwytin

Choose language:

Colpo-di-Gong-mostra-belvedere

Some of the most beautiful parks and gardens of Florence and surroundings are venues for dance performances in the month of July: it's a new event and it is called Dance4Gardens.

statua del giganteThree original productions

Odori-Dawns-Dance
Sioned Huws is a coreographer from Wales and in cooperation with Reina Yoshinaga and Honami Shimizu will perform a moving show that mixes traditional Japanese dance and contemporary dance. The performing action is coming from Shashi-Odori, a ceremony interconnecting nature and space.
Odori-Dawns-Dance is for free and takes place on:
- Sunday 8 July at 12 pm at the Parco del Castello dell'Acciaiolo, at Scandicci
at 7 pm on the lawn Prato del Gigante in the Parco Mediceo di Pratolino, at Vaglia
- Tuesday 10 July at the Parco delle Cascine, at 11 am in Viale Lincoln and at 6 pm at the ex Scuderie Granducali - Stables (Piazzale delle Cascine)
- Wednesday 11 July at 6 pm at the Giardino del Viale dei Bambini, Isolotto (Firenze)
- Thursday 12 July  at 5.30 and 7 pm at the Parco di Villa Caruso di Bellosguardo, at Lastra a Signa

Me/moire dei luoghi
Or Memories of the places - It is a project of Dance Company Simona Bucci, in cooperation with the coreographer Yumiko Yoshioka and the dancer Camilla Giani, which connects Japanese dance Butoh and contemporary dance.
You can attend Me/moire dei luoghi for free on Sunday 15 July at 7 pm at the Grotta di Cupido  in the Parco Mediceo di Pratolino, at Vaglia (the entrance of the Park is for free).

"In between I hear your shadow"/5 dialogues for shadows 
A one-act show in which dance and music meet and mix, it is divided in five short tableaus with only one theme that is transformation as a cultural and biological phenomenon. During the performance live music composed by  Giovanni Dario Manzini: it is an original composition created on purpose for the courtyard of Palazzo Medici Riccardi.
The event takes place on Wednesday 18 July at 9.15 pm in the Cortile di Michelozzo of Palazzo Medici Riccardi, in Florence. This show is not for free, tickets € 10 and € 8.

Published: 5/7/2018

Learn more

Accommodations Accommodations
Events Events
Historic business Historic business
Natural reserves Natural reserves
Place of interest Place of interest
Services and useful information Services and useful information
Shopping Shopping
Things to do Things to do
Where to eat Where to eat